This past week at the pantry we were blessed with 100 boxes of zucchini. Yes, friends, I said ONE HUNDRED.
That’s a lot of zucchini.
The question, for all of us, quickly became: “what do you do with zucchini?” The answer, of course, add cheese! Take a good hard look at those delicious zucchinis and tell me you aren’t ready to dig in. I found a super easy recipe for baked parmesan zucchini for you to try this week at home. Delicious. Nutritious. Cheesy. It’s WIN, WIN, WIN!
How long will this take, you might ask…
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
(This recipe and photo was taken and adapted from damndelicious.net)
by: Kate Walsh, contributing writer