How can you help?
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Martha’s.Without them, we simply could not prepare for and properly meet the needs of our amazing community.And best of all, volunteering at Martha’s is FUN! Martha’s Choice Marketplace welcomes volunteers from all faiths, cultures, colors and class. If you want to help the people in your community, we want to try and make that possible! At Martha’s, everyone is welcome.
SOME OF THE WAYS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER AT MARTHA’S:
- FOOD PREPARATION: The sorting, cleaning and bagging of food.
- FOOD DELIVERY & PICKUP: Using your vehicle to pick up food from donors,or deliver food to elderly and disabled clients unable to make it to the pantry.
- RECEIVING ASSISTANCE: Feeling strong? We can always use help unloading delivery trucks.
- FOOD DISTRIBUTION: Help us during our peak hours, distributing food in a no touch method,to hundreds of clients from all over Montgomery County.
- MARTHA’S COMMUNITY FARM: Our 10 acre farm would love to welcome you in gardening, events, landscaping, administration or trade skill help.
- TRANSLATION: We can always use assistance with Spanish and Arabic translation, especially during our food distributions.
- YOU TELL US: Have a special skill or knowledge that you think could help our community? Please reach out and let us know! If you are interested in volunteering, please click below
*Please note that during the current Covid Pandemic, we are doing our best to make room for all interested volunteers.However, in order to maintain maximum volunteer safety and meet the necessary social distancing requirements, we are sometimes forced to limit the number of volunteers we can have on site. Your understanding is appreciated
You can help Martha’s by donating food directly or by organizing a local food drive with your friends, neighbors, parish or work. Items that we are often in need of are cooking oils, healthy nuts, honey, dried beans, canned beans, Ensure, breakfast bars, and personal goods such as toothpaste, feminine products, deodorants, soaps, household cleaners, and size 5 and 6 diapers.
Donation drop offs can be made Tuesday –Friday from 9am –2pm
*Please no clothing, household or furniture donations of any kind. Thank you.
DONATE TO SUPPORT
There are so many amazing things that we can do with your generous one time or recurring donations.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION: